The Gentry Facility's Assistive Technology Department has provided Assistive Technology services to consumers throughout the state of Alabama for over 25 years and is one of the foremost organizations of its kind in the United States. Assistive technology devices not only improve quality of life for blind individuals but also empower the blind to succeed in fields that were once unavailable or unattainable. Our role includes (but is not limited to):
- Informing the populace of the availability and benefits of assistive devices
- Helping persons determine what assistive devices best suit their individual needs
- Training persons in the use of assistive devices
- Providing on-site technical support to enable consumers to remain continually productive
- Advocating for and supporting blind consumers in their vocational endeavors
If you need our remote support file, simply click the following link: remote support
Be sure and call or email ahead to schedule an appointment!
AIDB Huntsville Regional Center/ EH Gentry hosted a booth to demonstrate some Assistive Technology for individuals with vision and or hearing problems.
There were more than 20 employers and approximately 135 job seekers who attended.